Deleting important files accidentally could be annoying when you don’t have a clue how to recover them. If you have recently deleted some important file and wonder how to restore this file, then this article is meant for you. Here, we have discussed multiple ways to help you recover permanently deleted photos on your PC.
Recover from previous Versions in Windows
This is the first quick solution you can follow to recover files on your Windows PC. This method works only when you remember the name of the deleted file. This built-in feature helps you recover files from Previous Versions or File History. It helps you recover shift deleted files or other deleted files when you need them back. The pre-requisite of this method is that you have set up File History to backup target files or local drive automatically on your system. Thus, if you have File History feature enable on your system, then only you will be able to retrieve files.
Head to File History on your PC. Here, locate the deleted file or folder by searching its path.
Here, you will find all deleted files in the most recent backup of that file or folder.
Tap on “Previous” button to search and choose the file or folder that you wish to retrieve.
Once you have selected the file, simply click the green Restore button to get the selected file back.
If you find a message that your system has the same file or folder already with the same name, then simply choose “Replace the file in the destination” option. It will help you get back the permanently deleted files on Windows 10.
Try Windows Backup
If you are one of those users who create a backup for all important files and folders on an external drive, then this option is meant for you. Here, you can restore deleted files from the backup when needed. Even when you have Windows Backup enabled on your PC, you can still use this option. If you don’t have these options enabled, then you won’t be able to retrieve your files using this feature. To retrieve files using Windows Backup, follow these steps:
Open Control Panel
- Head to “System and Maintenance” and choose “Backup and Restore (Windows 7)” option.
- Tap on “Restore my files” button.
- Tap on “Browse for folders” or “Browse for files” button to choose the backup that you have previously created.
- Now save the backup by navigating a location: “In the following location” or “In the original location”.
- If you find an issue or conflict there, then simply select “Copy and Replace”, “Don’t copy” or “Copy, but keep both files” option as per your needs.
- Wait as the restore process completes to recover a lost file.
- Now you will be able to see all lost files to its original or new location once the process is finished.
Use Third-Party Tools
The next best solution to find & retrieve lost or deleted files is to use third-party tools. Working on smart algorithms, these tools help you recover all types of deleted files seamlessly.
One such tool is Advanced Disk Recovery. It helps you recover all types of deleted files from multiple storage devices. This state-of-the-art program makes file recovery process fun for you. Here, it deep scans your system storage to help you retrieve all types of files including deleted photos, videos, music files, documents, and more. It works on a simple & intuitive user interface to offer seamless user experience.
Features of Advanced Disk Recovery
- It supports recovery from internal & external device storage.
- It helps recover all types of files effortlessly.
- It offers quick and deep scan methods to recover all deleted files. In the Quick scan, it uses the Master File Table to find and restore files. In Deep scan mode, it uses file signatures to search and recover deleted files.
- It allows you to preview files before you restore them.
- It allows you to restore file at your selected location.
- It allows you to save session which can be resumed any time later.
So, this was a quick review on how you can restore permanently deleted files on Windows 10. It includes using built-in utility and using third-party tools both. If you have tried any of these methods before to recover deleted files, then feel free to share your experience in the comments below.
Metadata: If you have recently deleted some important file and wonder how to restore it, then this article is meant for you. Here, we have discussed multiple ways to help you recover permanently deleted photos on your PC.