In order to make the best business decisions, one is required to fetch relevant information from the data and then must present it in a most interesting manner. This is what Microsoft’s Power BI suite does. Microsoft’s Power BI is a cloud-based business analytics service for analyzing and visualizing data of a company. The program is designed to quickly turn your data into useful information & showcase you as productive and creative with the reports and analytics of the business.
With Power BI, you don’t have to depend on information technology staff or database administrators. It offers you cloud-based BI services, along with a desktop based interface called “Power BI desktop”. Apart from that it also offers data warehouse capabilities including data preparation, data discovery and interactive dashboards.
Why is Power BI Important for a Business?
Wondering why Power BI is an important BI tool for any business, then here are some reasons:
• Power BI is built on the convention of best BI products available – SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) and Microsoft Excel & it gives you the option to connect with these products.
• Apart from the legacy, Power BI is built/rebuilt using the latest technologies like HTML 5.0, cloud computing, column store databases & smartphone mobile apps.
• Microsoft has opened the custom visuals gallery for open source contributions which adds value to the community
• Power BI is setting a trend towards self-service business intelligence putting Microsoft in the leading position.
So how can you become a Power BI Developer? Well, you can check out & enroll yourself into Power BI certification program for 2019 curated by Industry Experts at Learnoa.
How Power BI works for a Business| Processes in Power BI
Given below are the process of how power BI works in a company.
1. Connecting to your data
Power BI lets you connect to a wide variety of data sources. You can import any data into Power BI or to upload your file.
2. The shaping of data
Once your data get loaded, you can shape or transform the data as per your requirement & need. Shaping include: renaming columns or tables, changing the text to numbers, removing rows, setting headers, etc.
3. Modeling of data
This step is basically to enhance the data with relationships, calculations, measures, hierarchies etc that can be used to find business insights.
4. Data visualization
With a variety of visual tools and custom visual gallery, you can create stunning reports for your organization effectively.
5. Publishing data reports
With Power BI Services, you can export or publish reports securely and set up automatic data refresh which provides near-real-time analytics of trends and indicators for everyone. You can get a 360-degree view of your business and can instantly check when your business needs your attention.
Get Integrated with Power BI & Make business decisions from anywhere
To deliver your solution even faster you can integrate your application or service with Power BI using standard-based REST API. No matter wherever you are, using Power BI Mobile apps for Windows or IOS you can access all your business data.
Companies that are using Power BI
There is a long list of companies using Power BI for analytics, these are just to name a few: AgileBI, Capgemini, NUEVORA, Data Bear
Enroll to Power BI Certification Program & Acquire these Skills
The power BI Certification course will get you to acquire skills in the following components:
• Power Query: used to search, access, and transform public and/ or internal data sources.
• Power View: analyze, visualize and display data as an interactive data visualization using Power View.
• Power Pivot: used in data modeling for in-memory analytics.
• Power Map: Brings data to life with interactive geographical visualization.
• Power BI Q&A: Ask questions and get immediate answers with natural language query.
• Data Management Gateway: By using this component you get periodic data refreshers, expose tables and view data feeds.
• Power BI Service: share data views and workbooks which are refresh-able from on-premises and cloud-based data sources.
• Data Catalog: easily discover and reuse queries using Data Catalog. Metadata can be facilitated for search functionality.
These are the skills that you need to master in order to boost your career growth with Power BI.
So wait not, learn Power BI skills to build a career in data visualization or BI. Check out Learnoa’s Power BI Training Certification Program which comes with instructor-led live training and real-life project experience. This specialized training will help you understand Power BI in depth helping you achieve proficiency in the subject. This will further help you to achieve great career growth. So what are you waiting for? Enroll now to Learnoa’s Power BI Certification Program 2019 & get 50% off on the fee.